Welcome to Langtoft Parish Council website.
Langtoft is a small village and civic parish in the East Rising of Yorkshire, England. It is situated 6 miles north of Driffield town centre, and on the B1249 road between Driffield and Foxholes, laying in the heart of the Yorkshire Wolds.
Langtoft has a residency of just under 400, sadly most of the villages amenities have long since closed, yet there still remains a vibrant community.
In 2015 the Parish Council took over the running of the Playing Field on Sledmere Road and is planning to expand the facilities. The decorative gates designed by the previous pupils of the now closed primary school, have been mounted at the entrance of the playing field.
Langtoft has it own outdoor bowling green near to a small Green at the Southern end of the village, on which stands a memorial to one of England's oldest poets, Peter de Langtoft, who was born in the village in the 13th century.
St Peter's church, stands on the hill side overlooking the village, restored in 1900-03 by Sir Tatton Sykes. Inside there is a Saxon font which was bought from Cottam church, the intricate wood work dates from the turn of the century and it's tower contains two bells, one dating from 1620 and the other from 1953.
Langtoft Parish Council is a democratically elected body with a mandate to speak on behalf of all the people living within the parish boundary of Langtoft. The function of the Council is to listen to the residents and to get things achieved in such a way that is best suited to the needs of the local community. The Council does not operate in isolation but seeks to achieve far more by working constructively with other public bodies and organisations.
Our responsibilities include:- Playing Field, Cemetery, grass cutting, trees/boundaries upon our land and the Parish Council finds it has assumed responsibility for the village war memorial.
The Parish Council is currently producing an Emergency Plan to be put in place should extreme events occur and as part of this plan a Defibrillator has been purchased and is located on Back Street on Harland's joinery shop.